Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Canning Lesson




I finally got a lesson in canning. A friend of mine arranged for her mother with many years of experience to come speak to my mother's group about canning. It was GREAT! I am not so overwhelmed to try anymore. I am going to keep it simple though and just stick with jam and applesauce this first year. I also will continue to freeze fresh blueberries, peaches and corn just like I did last year. There is nothing like having that in the middle of winter. How about you? Do you can?

1 comment:

myshelss said...

Great for you! I tried canning a few times. The canning process itself was a breeze. However, the jam I tred to make did not work. I am not sure what the problem was. I do try to freeze corn at least. I hope you enjoy your home made goodies!

Welcome

Welcome to our family blog. Please feel free to comment and/or introduce yourself. Thanks for stopping by.