Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Homemade Ketchup






This recipe is so simple. I like my ketchup a little sweeter, so I added a tad more sugar. You will never buy store bought ketchup after trying this out. Let me know what you think!


INGREDIENTS:

2 cans tomato paste
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp of dry must
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
pinch of cinnamon, ground cloves and cumin

INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix all ingredients together in small bowl. You may adjust the spices to your taste.
If mixture is too thick add more water to thin.
Place in a covered jar. Since this ketchup does not have preservatives, it should be used up within a month.

6 comments:

leah said...

i am going to have to try this. sometimes ketchup is the "vegetable" at dinner! we switched to the "healthier" variety a while back but this sounds much better.

Teena said...

I think you will love it and it is so easy!!!

Heather said...

Thank you so much for this recipe, I am going to have to try this over the weekend

Teena said...

Let me know how you like it Heather.

myshelss said...

I have to try this. Not sure if Brin will like it, but it seems worth giving it a go!

Elizabeth said...

Oh we were just talking about homemade ketchup and I was going to search for a recipe. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to give it a try.

Welcome

Welcome to our family blog. Please feel free to comment and/or introduce yourself. Thanks for stopping by.