Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vintage for Vintage



One of the most beautiful gifts I have received for Miss Vintage is this pillowcase my aunt gave me. It is from my Yiayia (Grandmother) on my father's side. I don't remember her too well, she died when I was very young, but I do have her name for my middle name and I feel like I inherited her love of sewing. The pillowcase is handpainted, from Greece. It is a work of art, the back has 3 very dainty mother of pearl buttons.This gift really took my breath away. Thank you Auntie Linda! I want to find the perfect frame for it and have it professionally mounted to hang in Vintage's room. What do you think?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh wow,that is really something. Handpainted? How super cool. Hope you are well and getting at least some sleep..

myshelss said...

This is so pretty. I am sure it will look great framed and hung up in her room!

Welcome

Welcome to our family blog. Please feel free to comment and/or introduce yourself. Thanks for stopping by.